Countdown to World Osteoporosis Day:
A digital countdown checklist is an easy way to learn good bone health basics.
WOD, marked on October 20 each year, is a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases.
It aims to put bone health and fracture prevention on the global health agenda and reaches out to health-care professionals, the media, policy makers, patients, and the public at large.
Get tested and treated if required:
- Could you be at risk of broken bones due to osteoporosis? Take the IOF Osteoporosis Risk Check to see whether any risk factors apply to you!
- Have you broken a bone after age 50? Without treatment, one fracture leads to another.
- Do you have a family history of broken bones? You could be at risk.
- Are you getting shorter? This could be a sign of spine fractures due to osteoporosis.
- Calcium is important for bone health. Are you getting enough of this important mineral? Find out with the IOF Calcium Calculator.
- Osteoporosis affects 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men aged 50+ worldwide. Don’t let it affect you! Take action for prevention.